May 02nd, 2017
We know that you are as excited as we are about the ‘new look’ Hemingways Watamu. The rebuilding works are progressing well and whilst it has been a huge project the hotel is on course for a completion date in October 2017. So what’s new?
The new boutique hotel comprises 39 guest rooms (reduced from 74), located on three floors of the North Wing block of the property, overlooking the Marine Park.
A new porte cochère, hotel reception and raised walkway winding down through landscaped gardens to the hotel terrace has been designed. The restaurant and bar roof structures have been retained, however the circular super-structure of each has been altered to create an open plan design – but dont worry, the iconic bar remains in place! The reception area structure has been removed and transformed into an open plan coffee garden looking out onto the terrace/ocean to the south and new landscape gardens to the north. The existing terrace and pool areas have been completely redesigned with an additional new water feature, complete with beautiful landscaped gardens incorporating a sandy beach effect. A second new pool has been constructed behind the North Wing block of the property and is surrounded by beautiful gardens and adjacent to this can be found the stunning new spa and gymnasium.
The new look includes 21 luxury apartments that have been designed and constructed by the same team that built Hemingways Nairobi which was completed in 2013 and is now rated in the top 5 hotels in Africa. They represent coastal luxury at its very best, comprising 3 x 1 bedrooms, 16 x 2 bedrooms and 2 x 4 bedrooms, all of which are ocean facing and have large terraces. These stunning apartments will all have access to the amenities of the 5 star Hemingways Watamu Hotel.
IN A NUTSHELL…..
– 39 Bedrooms and 21 Private Residences all with fantastic ocean views
– New open plan restaurant – but the iconic Bar remains in place
– New reception and raised walkway through landscaped gardens
– New Gede themed open plan coffee shop and garden looking out onto the terrace and Marine Park
– New water features on the terrace – including an infinity “night sky” shallow pool overlooking the beach
– New second swimming pool behind the North Wing surrounded by beautiful gardens
– New spa and gymnasium adjacent to this new hotel pool
– Reinstated sea defenses that fit together like Lego and aligned at 45°
Take a sneak peek into the rooms: